Dilapidated building refurbishment creating ten quality units
1 St Andrews Road is a grade II listed building, originally forming part of the Oakwood hospital site. Built in 1866 as the superintendent’s house, the building retains its classical proportions and high-quality architectural detailing. The building has been left vacant and was suffering from poor maintenance and vandalism to the internal and external elements of the structure.
Cablesheer were engaged under a design and build contract to refurbish and adapt, including extending the existing building, providing nine self-contained flats and one flat used as an office and training unit.